The Ministry of Commerce is one of the Ministries of the Government of the Union of Myanmar and it plays a vital role in the implementation of the economic reforms towards the market-oriented economy especially in the trade sector.
The Ministry of Commerce is formed by Office of the Minister, Directorate of Trade (DOT), Department of the Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) and Department of Trade Promotion (DTP).
- To enhance bilateral friendship with global countries.
- To promote trade and keep it on the track of conventional trade.
- To ensure the full realization of revenues to be levied by the state.
- To provide favorable condition for private businessmen by which to earn reasonable benefit.
- To help facilitate the flow of goods.