Founded in 1978, Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB) is a non-government and non-profit voluntary organisation dedicated to the protection and promotion of consumers’ rights and interests in the country. It has 500 regular and 100 associate members. Its mission is to empower consumers with the knowledge and skills for the effective protection of their rights and interests.
The major areas of CAB activities are :
- Consumer Information and Education.
- Surveillances and monitoring on market prices.
- Monitor quality of essential commodities and utility services.
- Consumer complaints handlings.
- Campaign for safe foods and commodities.
- Ethical drug promotion and safe environment.
- Studies & research on consumer issues and problems.
- Advocacy and lobby with the government and policy makers for enactment of Consumer Protection Law.