CPC’s main functions include:
- Providing speedy redress to consumer complaints through negotiation, mediation and conciliation.
- Seeking ways and means of removing hazardous products from the markets.
- Publishing from time to time list of products whose consumption and sale have been banned or withdrawn.
- Organising and undertaking campaigns and other forms of activities.
- Encouraging trade, industry and professional associations to develop and enforce in their various fields, quality standards designed.
- Issuing guidelines to manufacturers, importers, dealers and wholesalers in relation to their obligation.
- Encouraging the formation of voluntary consumer groups for consumers’ welfare.
- Ensuring that consumers’ interest receive due consideration at appropriate fora and providing redress to the unscrupulous exploitation.
- Registering and monitoring products, services and sales promotions.