Yemen Association for Consumer Protection (YACP) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization, founded in September 20, 1997. The headquarters of YACP located in the capital Sanaa, and have a number of branches in each of the province.
The Vision of YACP is increased consumer awareness, aware of the basic rights and duties. The Mission of YACP is:
- Seek to promote consumer awareness and the right to know.
- Ensure that consumers receive the quality and quantity of goods and services.
- Secure the right of choice and compensation.
- Achieve social and economic interest of the individual, family and community.
- Work to be the voice of Assembly heard, and present among the community and to the relevant authorities.
YACP’s major activities and campaigns are focus on unethical drug promotion, corruption, non-food standards, the monitoring of inflation and product prices, the obesity pandemic and sustainable consumption.