The Finnish Consumers’ Association is an independent umbrella organisation dedicated to promoting the interests and rights of consumers nationwide.
The objects for which The Consumers’ Union of Finland is established are:
- To encourage consumers to work actively for their interests and to promote this kind of co-operation.
- To promote and advance consumer interests in society and on the market by means of informal action.
- To further the principles of fairness and sustainable consumption.
- To promote consumer awareness.
- To work for environmental protection.
Functions of the Consumers’ Union of Finland:
- Protection of consumer interests.
- Local and regional consumer activities Consumer education.
- Production and dissemination of information.
- National and international cooperation.