ASPEC is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation established to promote and defend the rights of consumers in Peru.
Its main activities are:
- To inform and educate consumers.
- To denounce abuses in the marketplace and take legal action whenever required.
- To campaign to raise the awareness of Peruvian consumers on a wide range of issues such as food, labelling, false advertising and public utilities.
- Oversees the accuracy of the information provided by the market.
- Educate and inform consumers.
- Ensures the issues of health and safety of consumers.
- Promotes respect for market rules.
- Promote responsible behavior to the environment.
- Oversees the delivery of public services.
- Defend the users of public transportation.
- Proposes standards.
- Represents consumers.