OPCP is affiliated to the Ministry of Commerce.
The main functions of OPCP are:
- Protecting and promoting domestic production.
- Protecting consumers against unusual price fluctuations.
- Monitoring, adjusting and controlling the price of products and services.
OPCP responsible to:
- Implement legislations governing protection of consumer rights.
- Combat commercial fraud.
- Protect competitiveness.
- Prevent monopoly practices.
Its obligations include subsidies of basic commodities, and receive a margin for subsidizing certain goods.
Consumers’ rights in brief include:
- The right of being informed by complete and reliable information.
- The right of choosing.
- The right of enjoying safety.
- The right of being supported by government.
Avenue Valieasr No.492, Tehran
Tel: +98 (21) 889 3553 / +98 (21) 890 9036
Fax: +98 (21) 890 3945