The Consumer Rights Protection Centre (CRPC) was created in March 1998 to replace the defunct Trade and Service Control Centre.
Main functions of CRPC are:
- To supervise trade of non-food products such as medical products, medicines, veterinary medicnes and so on.
- To handle consumer complaints on violations of consumer rights.
- To provide legal advice for consumers in consumer rights.
- To monitor the consumer rights in draft contracts and agreements between consumer and producer or seller and service render.
- To supervise correctness of weight and measure of food and non-food products.
- To supervise measuring equipment conformity to requirements of laws and regulations, to supervise metrological control of pre-packed goods.