Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) is the apex government organization mandated to protect consumers’ interests and ensure fair market competition in Sri Lanka.
It has been established under the Consumer Affairs Authority Act No.09 of 2003. The act has laid down the legal provisions empowering the CAA to take necessary actions to safeguard the interests of consumers while maintaining effective competition among suppliers of goods and services.
- A delighted consumer through regulation of trade.
- Provide redress to consumers affected by unfair trade practices.
- Consumer empowerment through education and awareness.
- Protection of traders and manufactures against anti-competitive trade practices and promotion of healthy competition.
- Organizational development through capacity enhancement.